KARLSRUHE AND REGION
Diverse locations, lots of innovative strength and strong industrial expertise are available in the region. Karlsruhe offers research and economic strength, as well as a distinctive way of life, top gastronomy and an attractive location between the Black Forest, the Pfälzer Bergen (Palatine Forest) and the French Vosges. Overnight guests will also find accommodation suitable for every taste in Karlsruhe.
REASONS FOR CHOOSING KARLSRUHE
- A uniquely shaped city: the heart of the city is the Karlsruhe Palace, the epicenter of 32 radial streets that form a fan-shaped city plan.
- Seat of the highest German legal institutions: the Federal Constitutional Court, the Federal Court of Justice and the Federal Public Prosecutor’s Office are key features in the Karlsruhe cityscape.
- Nine universities and numerous research institutes make the city one of the most important European locations for information and communication technology.
- Home to 5 of the top 100 most innovative medium-sized companies.
- A science-minded location hosting the renowned KIT (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) and three Fraunhofer Institutes.
- One of the most modern and innovative tourist information centers in Europe – the interactive “Schaufenster Karlsruhe”.
- ZKM | Center for art and media, the German “Centre Pompidou” and the world’s largest cultural factory, an interface between art and science.
- City with a lively creative economy, promoting young people’s skills development.
- In Karlsruhe, climate change protection and mitigation and a sustainable way of life are at the forefront.
- Industry expertise in metal processing precision technology, such as dental and stamping technology.
- Local savoir-vivre: enjoyment and culinary delights are important here!
- The region around Karlsruhe impresses with a rich cultural landscape, top gastronomy, a mild climate and a close attention to quality and service.
INNOVATIVE ECONOMY AND RESEARCH IN AND AROUND KARLSRUHE
Karlsruhe and surroundings is one of the most active research landscapes in Germany. As a business and science location, the region houses not only the renowned KIT (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) but also three Fraunhofer institutes, the highest German courts and companies known worldwide. Over 3,600 IT companies and service providers with over 36,000 employees, the largest data center in Europe and some of the most successful high-tech companies come together to form Europe’s third largest IT cluster. In the field of medicine and health, the region is the largest location in Germany for pharmaceutical and medical technology and the second largest in biotechnology. In the energy and environment competence field, Karlsruhe and its region are considered to be a “model municipality” for climate neutrality, sustainable energy and future-minded energy concepts.
VOICES FROM KARLSRUHE
SMART CITY KARLSRUHE – THE CITY FOR SMART EVENTS
The development of smart networks of cities and regions has been promoted in recent years and the dynamic city of Karlsruhe sees itself as an innovative digital location. The concept of Smart City Karlsruhe includes both technical and economic, but also societal and social innovations. In Karlsruhe and region, a close interlinking between business, science, culture, politics and administration shape the profile of the future and of the smart use of resources!
For hybrid events, the partner service providers from the Convention Bureau Karlsruhe & Region are available to help organizers with technology, advice and action. Many of the conference hotels and locations also offer hybrid events with technical support.
ARRIVAL AND MOBILITY IN THE RADIAL CITY
Whether by car, bus, train or plane – Karlsruhe is easy to reach due to its geographical location and excellent transport connections.
- Karlsruhe is the hub for a number of train connections and is located directly on the ICE route from Hamburg via Frankfurt to Basel.
- The Karlsruhe airport / Baden-Baden, and also the airports of Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Strasbourg are suitable for organizing your arrival.
- The fan-shaped city crosses three of Germany’s major motorways: the A5, A8 and A65.
Pedestrians, cyclists, cars and trams – Karlsruhe city center is equipped for everything. Those arriving by car will find sufficient parking space in Karlsruhe and 1000 underground parking spaces are available in the underground car park of the congress center. Instead of walking or cycling through the city center, visitors can also explore and experience the fan-shaped city with e-scooters. If you don’t own a bike, you can easily and quickly get a KVV.nextbike. And with the KVV, the Karlsruher Verkehrsbund, you can get to your destination without any stress. The regional train can take you directly to Baden-Baden.
CONVENTION BUREAU KARLSRUHE & REGION
The fastest and easiest way to your event!
The Competence Network Convention Bureau Karlsruhe & Region is happy to support you free of charge in planning your event and help you get in touch with over 100 experts in the region. Benefit from the long experience, strong network and the innovative strength of the Karlsruhe region. The fastest and easiest way to your event!
Our service includes:
- Detailed information on all conference and congress locations in Karlsruhe and region
- Support in choosing the right conference location and date
- Carrying out site inspections
- Information and contact with professional service providers
- Support with official applications
- Support with advertising and customer finding measures for your conference / congress
OVER 100 STRONG PARTNERS FOR YOUR EVENT!
Our partner hotels offer you the best in comfort and individual service.